Wednesday

Power To Shift Your Atmosphere

During one of my annual Lupus Awareness events, the venue owner after promising he would assist in setting up, decided to disappear for two hours during that time.  One of my team members accidentally damaged a piece of equipment that belonged to the venue owner.  

He finally re-appears after someone informed him of the incident and behaved like a child whose friend just broke his toy.  By this time my models, mua's, media team were arriving.  The venue owner decided he no longer wanted to host my event and wanted everyone to leave.

At this point fireworks were going off in my head.  I kindly directed him to the office and continued our discussion.  I promised to pay for the damages, however I expressed and reminded him that we have a contract, he neglected to assist in setup as stated in the contract and that his behavior was unacceptable.

He apologized for his behavior, began to assist my team, I addressed my guests with the same enthusiasm as I arrived and encouraged them that the show will go on.

My guests were very impressed with the venue and were chatting about using it for their upcoming events, however, after witnessing the venue owner's behavior they decided not to pursue.  He lost a few potential customers.  I gained a new pool of followers because of my professional attitude and problem solving.  I used the power of communication to shift my atmosphere!! 

This story is for my entrepreneurs who want to plan an event to bring more awareness to their business.  Do not let anyone break you.  Stand your ground, remain professional, keep smiling and keep it moving.  Improve. Learn. Earn.




Planning an event involves a lot of loose ends (we call these the small details that are a HUGE impact) and seasoned coordinators have plenty of horror stories to share. 

REMEMBER: You need a reliable team.  It's the little things that make an event go the extra mile;

The special surprises that event planners throw in...
The prizes vendors hand out...
The contests that take place and of course the Free Swag Bags...
Attention to guests' needs
Followup


Maintaining a timeline or story board for all the things you have to do play a huge part.  Management is key; the budget, the venue and schedules, the invites, social media, marketing and advertising, the head count, the decor, the staff, the setup and breakdown, the food, the giveaways, the gifts for staff, the calls and followup calls, answering important questions, the entertainment, the vendors (if any), the program, Whew!  To name a few...LISTS KEEP YOU SANE!
Image result for event planning flatlay

First time planning an event?  Team/Volunteer Training? Let's work together an make this goal a reality. Schedule a VIP Day with me or a few Simply Plan It coaching sessions. Visit with me
https://yourgoalsmatter.as.me/

#SimplyPlanIt #eventplanning4entrepreneurs #eventplanning #teamtraining #teamwork #networkingevents #virtualevents

1 comment: